02 4777 4888

HSC Results

HSC Results

Kathleen, Wednesday 1, March 2017

HSC Results: Fine Achievement a reflection of our students’ endeavours

POSTED 14 DECEMBER 2016

Fine Achievement a reflection of our students’ endeavours

Principal Ian Wake and Director of Learning Services, Mr Antony Mayrhofer, lead the St Paul’s community in congratulating our HSC 2016 cohort who are today celebrating the release of their results and the completion of their schooling at St Paul’s.

Our Year 12 students’ HSC achievements sustain the tradition of excellence that is proudly upheld at our school.

Students on the HSC distinguished achievers (achieving Band 6) were Kelly Evans (English (Advanced), English Extension 1, Mathematics, Modern History, History Extension, Studies of Religion 1 Unit), Sydney Gale (English Extension 1, Modern History, Studies of Religion 1 Unit), Jake Brown (Mathematics General 2 unit), Victoria Egerdie (Mathematics General 2 unit), Jeremy Heath (Mathematics General 2 unit), Jamie Marchant (Mathematics General 2 unit) and Callista Vrzic (Studies of Religion 1unit), Cameron Lee (notional band 6 in Mathematics Extension 2).

These results reflect the ongoing, solid academic performance of the school’s annual HSC cohorts - with nearly 25% of all results being Bands 5 or 6 (i.e., with marks over 80%). Excellent results were achieved in Biology, Design Technology, Geography, Legal Studies, Mathematics General and 2 unit, Modern History and VET Hospitality (Kitchen Operations and Cookery).

Principal Ian Wake congratulates students, families and the staff of St Paul’s, noting that results such as these come from collective efforts: “Students across a broad academic range can celebrate today. Some have excelled at the top of their subjects, others have achieved a new ‘personal best’ and others have found just reward for their dedication and commitment”.

Mr Mayrhofer warmly congratulates students, in this his first year working with the HSC cohort. “I have admired the commitment to study and care for each other demonstrated by this year group. The dedication of their teachers must also be acknowledged for these outstanding results. Our students can be justly proud of their achievements and I wish all of them well, in their future endeavours.”

Results for our IB Diploma Candidates will be released on January 4, 2017.