Friends of St Paul's
Friends of St Paul’s is a volunteer organisation committed to engaging the parents & friends’ body of the School community.
Our vision is “Involving Parents, Evolving Community”.
Year-based and class-based parent networks also organise social activities for parents and for whole families from time to time, with some of these networks continuing long after their children have graduated from school.
Friends of St Paul’s has been running for over 12 years, working tirelessly to support and nurture the school community.
Contributing to the School Community
Although they may not be widely known, Friends of St Pauls’ contributions have supported all aspects of School life, enabling a myriad of projects and initiatives to fully form and blossom.
Here’s a small selection of the contributions Friends of St Paul’s has made to the greater school community:
- Purchasing and installing the Junior and Infants School play equipment.
- Providing Â the Junior School Rugby League jerseys.
- Purchasing and installing the artificial turf in the Junior School.
- Constructing the walled garden around the Junior School Circle.
- Purchasing and installing the shaded seating in the Junior School outdoor areas (in conjunction with the Federal Government).
- Purchasing the piano for the Junior School music room to provide an accompaniment for the Strings Programme.
- Providing sheet music and song books for the Junior School Choirs.
- Coordinating the Mother’s Day and Father’s Day stalls annually.
- Coordinating behind-the-scenes activity for the Junior School musical.
- Fitting out the Centre kitchen, including the floor, stainless steel work surfaces, sinks and water heaters.
- Purchasing and installing the shaded seating in the High School outdoor areas (in conjunction with the Federal Government).
- Replacing all the wood chip pathways in the High School with bitumen.
- Providing new curtains for the High School hall.
- Purchasing Â new, commercial-grade microwave ovens and fridges for the TAS Hospitality kitchens.
- Contributing towards the fit out of the current Fire Cadets truck.
- Funding 10% of the cost of a High School bands tour of Queensland.
- Funding the start up of the School rowing programme; providing the first boats and oars, the boat trailer, the dinghy and the outboard motor.
- Contributing towards the purchase of most of the fire fighting equipment in the Fire Cadet headquarters.
The next 12 months for Friends
School’s 30th anniversary
The Committee is working closely with the School to plan and organise a special year of celebration in 2013 for the School’s 30th anniversary. We would love to hear from our parents and friends about their ideas and Â look forward to to creating a memorable year of festivity with them and the School.
Friends is delighted to be meeting up with the Portfolio Captains in October to hear about and discuss their projects and plans. Friends are working with Mr. Humble and the Portfolio Captains to identify contributions Friends can make to the dynamic work these young leaders are doing in our School. Â
Become a member of Friends of St Paul’s - we are always happy to welcome all new faces!
Meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of every month
To find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of St Paul’s Committee
|Pre Kindergarten||Dianne Hamy|
|Vice President||Bill Blakeley|
|Publicity Officer||Karen Lebsaft|
|Assistant Secretary||Sam O’Hare|
|Assistant Treasurer||Chris Cullen|
|General Committee Members|
|Avis Fowler, & Liz Muir|